Burtex Truck Lines is one of this country’s leading freight carriers, covering all of the US. They are known for their timely routes and their high quality equipment. Furthermore, they are strategically located, which means it is easy for anyone to trust them to deliver on time, every time. Indeed, this is precisely what virtually everyone who has left a review about them has mentioned. Burtex Truck Lines, meanwhile, felt it was time to give people a greater understanding of just what a freight carrier is.
Burtex Truck Lines on the Different Freight Carriers
Carriers are divided into different categories depending on their shipment volume. Those categories are:
- The LTL (Less than Truck Load) carriers. These are carriers that only carry small freight loads. Usually, these loads weigh only between 150 pounds and 10,000 pounds. There are situations in which it would be wasteful for a company or individual to hire a full truck, for instance if they only want to ship small items. This is what LTL freight carriers come in. They use large trailers, small trucks, and vans to transport their items. Sometimes, they allow their clients to share the space, helping to keep the cost down.
- FTL (Full Truck Load) carriers. These are usually fitted with a semi-trailer on which the freight is placed for transportation. Generally, these trailers measure between 26 feet and 53 feet. The volume of freight they carry is generally between 10,000 pounds and 40,000 pounds, which is quite substantial. Again, space may be shared between different clients for economical purposes.
- Parcel carriers, which work with the smallest of all packages and shipments. They only accept those packages that weigh no more than 150 pounds.
Burtex Truck Lines on Working with Freight Carriers
It is possible to speak to a company like Burtex Truck Lines directly. However, it is also possible to work with a freight broker, who will find the best option available based on what is sent and why. This is not recommended, however, as these brokers usually charge quite high fees themselves. If at all possible, therefore, it is best to speak to a company directly. This, in turn, means having to do a little bit of research.
While much of this may sound quite tedious, the reality is that it is time worth spending. Once you look through all the reviews and find a company like Burtex Truck Lines, you no longer have to search for a freight liner ever again. Do, therefore, leave your own review as well, as this can help the next person to come along make decisions for themselves and save some money.
Burtex Truck Lines has released a few top tips for people wanting to find a freight carrier:
- Comparing the price by requesting at least five different quotations. As a rule of thumb, the cheapest and must expensive can both be dismissed.
- Comparing the efficiency. You need to know your item will arrive and on time.
- Discounts. It is common to receive discounts for bulk shipments.