Breast augmentation surgery is a cosmetic procedure which involves transferring fat or placing implants to change the shape and size of breasts. The procedure can be performed for many different reasons; increase or decrease the size of the breast, to reshape or reconstruct the breast, to enhance or contour the figure.
What are the advantages of breast augmentation surgery?
- Adding an enhanced appeal to the figure
- Increase self-esteem and confidence
- Reduce physical pain due to oversized breasts
When performing New York Breast Augmentation, there are typically 4 regions where incisions are made.
- Near the areola
- Breast folds
A skilled and experienced surgeon chooses the incision spot for the breast augmentation surgery after a consultation with the patient, ensuring that scarring is kept as small as possible; and they heal quickly and properly. Some of the factors which decide the incision spot of the breast augmentation are:
- Anatomy of an individual’s breasts
- Saline or silicone implants
- Desired shape and side by individual
The different types of New York Breast Augmentation surgery determine the placement of scars and the time it takes for the scars to fade away.
Trans Axillary Breast Surgery: An incision is made at the armpit and a pocket is created, where the implant is placed on the chest muscle. Scarring occurs on the breast region.
- Minimum visible scarring
- Patient can easily breastfeed in the future
- Incision made at tissue; no muscle is damaged during surgery
- Scarring blends into armpit crease
- Patients do not experience numbness
Peri-Areolar Breast Surgery: An incision is made around the areola; the scar is automatically concealed.
- Scar is easily hidden due to areolar tissue and colour contrast of breast and areola
- Acts as a mini breast lift
- Ideal for those who wish to have more than one breast augmentation procedure
- The procedure is best for those patients who wish to opt for large silicone implants, as the scarring is minimum and well concealed.
Infra Mammary Breast Surgery: Ideal for those individuals who have a well-defined breast fold, as the incision is made at the breast fold itself. This procedure of breast augmentation is especially easy for surgeons as the placement of the breast implant can be easily made from under the breast fold.
- The procedure is fairly simply for the surgeon as the implant is easily inserted into the breast via the breast fold
- Patients can easily breastfeed in the future without any issues
- Ideal for patients looking for silicone implants
- The procedure works great on breasts which have just started to experience sagging
- Can perform additional surgeries easily with this procedure
- The risk of forming capsular contracture formation is minimum in this surgery
- This technique is especially great for women with a naturally well-defined breast fold, as the scarring is easily concealed below the breast fold.
Research, talk to the Surgeon, choose and finally decide the right type of augmentation. Take enough time to learn all the steps involved. These steps will help to make the post-surgery period more beautiful without any sort of dirge.