The window shutter is the solid & stable window covering & it usually consists of a frame of vertical styles & horizontal rails. Set within a frame & can be both operable or fixed, horizontal, or vertical solid panels, glasses, fabric, & almost any other item knitted within the frame.
Window shutters may be employed for various reasons, even for controlling the amount of sunlight that enters the room, providing privacy, security, protecting against unwanted intrusions, safeguard from damage, and enhancing the aesthetics of a building.
Depending on the application & the construction of the window frame, shutters can be fit within the opening or overlap the opening. The plantation windows shutters include both interior shutters used inside the house or the building and exterior shutters used outside a structure. It is widespread to have shutters to cover the doors as well as windows.
Are Shutters going out of Style?
No, it is not out of style looking at a trend chart, & it appears plantation shutters as the search term that is trending slightly downward, but that was a few years ago after reaching its most popular era. So, chances are that they could soon be trending upward, as it’s sufficiently popular and not ‘out of style’ in any way.
Top reasons to choose shutters for your windows
Here are five reasons why you should choose shutters for your windows:
- Lower Energy Bills: They are an ideal option for keeping your home warm in the winter and cool in the summer. Not only will you save on your next energy bill, but your neighbor’s noise won’t phase you again.
- Easy Maintenance: Wipe down your shutters with a damp cloth, and there you have it! This tip offers a great option, especially for anyone who suffers from allergies.
- Flexible Control: Choosing shutters for your windows allows you to be highly flexible & when it comes to privacy and lighting, you can decide whether you want the top and bottom to open independently or together.
- Safety: Hunter Douglas cords and chains are retractable for optimal safety if you have small children or pets.
- Property Value: Shutters fall under the category of fixtures & fittings that come with a home, so they are a simple way to add a lot of value to your property.
Basswood & aluminum window shutters have taken over the world as the best material for plantation shutters. Also, Basswood offers inimitable flexibility when it comes to designing & styling. Basswood shutters can be sanded, painted, and stained to any color of your choice.
Do Shutters increase home value?
We can say yes, plantation shutters add value to your home, helping you sell your property faster. However, there are also cases when plantation shutters do not affect home value, but it is mostly good.
Aluminum shutters or shutter blinds are a type of plantation shutters. They operate by rotating blades to adjust the angle of shutters, meaning you have complete control over how much light you want to let in and in which direction it will shine.
Aluminum window shutters & plantation shutters both are durable plantation shutter materials; They both look stunning in any space and can keep the windows secured from rough weather and incessant heat in any season.
Are they worth the investment?
If you’re looking forward to saving your energy on costs, shutters have safety and aesthetics to offer to any space. Overall, plantation shutters are worth the investment. Plantation shutters are durable, long-lasting, and most importantly, are practical.