Promo codes refer to a combination of letters and numbers that e-commerce businesses or online stores usually offer. Offering promotional codes aim to encourage purchases, which is an effective marketing strategy. The discount a customer gets in a promo code is applicable either on individual items or the entire order.
In this post, you’ll learn how promo codes are now changing the shopping game.
Encourage Bulk or High-Volume Orders
In the past, buying in bulk seems to be an extravagant buying habit. However, promo codes change the shopping game as customers are encouraged to purchase in bulk, which makes sellers happy. That’s why promo codes are usually offered to high-volume orders because the sale is assured, beating a warehouse that is full of stock that won’t sell.
Here are the benefits of bulk buying:
- Customers can save time and effort with bulk buying. Because you have a stock for everyday items you use at home, you don’t have to go to the supermarket or grocery every now and then, saving you gas, money, and time.
- Bulk purchases are applicable for products that you usually need, such as laundry detergent or toilet paper.
- If your family consumes a lot of specific foods, a bulk purchase of fruits, vegetables, and other non-perishable items is a great idea.
Keep in mind to always check the per unit price to determine if bulk buying will save you money. You can also try other opportunities for savings, like promo codes from GoPromoCodes, and vouchers or coupons of your favorite brands.
Get Shopping Holiday Treats and Freebies
Promo codes usually pop up on holidays when people have bonus money to splurge and spend. But how do promo codes work? Promo codes provide discounts, which are either specific dollar discounts or percentages.
Here are the usual holiday treats and freebies offered by promo codes:
- Promo codes provide customers with free gift-wrapping.
- Get free shipping or discounts on shipping with promo codes, which helps in your monthly budget, saving you from shipping costs, most especially if you always buy online.
- Promo codes can be used to treat loyal customers to a discounted trip, flight, amusement park ride, restaurant dining, movie tickets, or family vacation.
Enhances Customer Experience
Unlike shopping in a physical store, online shopping doesn’t involve human interaction. In the past, customer experience relies on the friendly services offered by store staff. Customers were encouraged to fill in survey forms in stores and shops to rate their shopping experience and how the salespeople treated them.
That’s why business owners of online businesses need to find ways to show how much customers are appreciated by offering incentives in the form of promo codes or discount coupons. These incentives have a direct impact on a customer’s overall shopping experience. In this way, customers can buy products for a lower price, while encouraging them to return, thus generating higher revenue.
Promo Codes Can Be Used to Track Marketing Efforts
Both the business and the customer can use promo codes to track marketing efforts and shopping behaviors. For business owners, promo codes are useful in checking the platforms that generate the most traffic and lead to conversions. Store or online business owners can track their marketing efforts by using a particular promo code for a specific marketing advertisement or campaign.
Here are some ways promo codes can be used to track shopping behaviors:
- Assigning specific alphanumeric codes to a particular advertisement is particularly helpful when a customer sees the advertised promotion on social media or an email but does not click it immediately to follow through.
- Business owners will still be able to analyze and capture the advertising return on investment by merely entering the promotion code, telling you where the customer saw the advertised sales.
- The shopping experience is tailored because customers tend to receive exclusive promo codes via email for first-time buyers, loyal customers, and other shopping milestones.
- When customers enter a promotion code on the checkout process, all the conditions of the promotion must fully be satisfied before validation. For example, if the promo code provides 15 percent off shopping carts of $100 or more, the code won’t work if the minimum order price hasn’t been met.
- Online shopping platforms or marketplaces usually have a rewards account section to monitor promo codes and coupons redeemed, and customers can track their spending and savings by checking this section.
Customers and business owners benefit from promo codes. For business owners, offering promotional codes is a great marketing strategy to boost sales and enhance the customer experience. When shopping, customers can use promo codes for specific items or an entire order to save money. Bulk buying using promo codes saves time, money, and effort, making shopping more fun and exciting.