World has changed a lot. There is stiff competition in every nook and corner of the world. Nothing below hard work and dedication makes a person shine in the current times. It is not just that there is an increase in the quantity of students but certainly there is a good increase in quality as well. As a result of the increase in the quantity and quality of students the popularity of the competitive exams have also exponentially increased. Not just this but the competitive exams have a better availability of options for the students to pick things with. In this sense though there are 1000’s of colleges however it is such that a large section of the people choose to study either in an IIT, IIIT, NIT when it comes to the engineering stream and Government medical colleges if it is a medical stream. This means that the choice of people over choosing universities have changed over time and they have started preferring the elite or the top ones. Hence in order to get into both these colleges there is one thing which must be done which is the preparation for their entrances. In terms of engineering it is the JEE exams and the NEET exams for medical. Now when it comes to JEE preparation chemistry plays a main role as the deciding factor because it is quite an easy subject along with a theoretical outlook. Hence people find the bonus through this section to boost their score. However if the following steps are followed students can really score high marks in JEE chemistry and get good results.
- Important material: It is important that a student on a first basis gets to know what is the syllabus of the following exam. This is one of the main things a student must get to know about the exam. All other things that follow can be useful only if the student gets to know what is to be prepared. Once this step is done in a proper manner the next would be to get the perfect materials and books for preparing the same. It is usually such that the NCERT book for chemistry holds a key value in the preparation for these exams as the main content of the exam is filtered from this material. Students can also get assistance from guides and other materials such as JEE Main Chemistry Important Questions with solutions and few other related books. The main point of understanding here would be to segregate and specify the topics and the material complementing it and to start with the preparation process.
- Setting aside important topics: This might quite look like a continuation of the previous point as the next thing a student must take care after knowing the syllabus and getting appropriate material would be to classify important topics in accordance with the weightage of the parts. As we all know that Chemistry at this level is further divided into Physical Chemistry, Organic Chemistry and Inorganic Chemistry it is important a proper allocation is made to filter the important topics from each and every section of it.
- Reaction Mechanism: As this is one of the subjects which actually does focus a lot on the reaction of the elements it is important to understand and have a good knowledge about the reaction mechanism. Though this part also might look from a theoretical perspective this part needs a tad bit of understanding as well because this is quite similar to that of the formulas present in the mathematics meaning which along with some memorizing there is a need to understand the basics as well. More than anything this particular step would be a game changer in terms of the preparation of organic chemistry which in turn acts as a deciding factor as it is a mark scoring part in this particular exam.
- Problem solving and analytical skills: One of the main skills to develop during the time of preparation of chemistry in general or in specific for JEE is that of problem solving and analysing ability. These two skills go very much hand in hand with the preparation as well as the execution process. The reason being that physical chemistry as a base has more mathematical presence which in turn needs good amount of problem solving skills and further analytical skill would also come instrumental in terms of preparation for inorganic chemistry as it is comparatively a dry part than that of the other two.
- Accuracy and Speed: As told earlier chemistry here in JEE is a mixture of 3 different sections which requires different sets of skillset. It is important that there is a perfect combination of speed and accuracy. It is such that in general a competitive exam to be finished off successfully needs a push in the speed and accuracy of the students. If that portion is not given enough focus on the students will find it tough to complete the paper and cover the maximum part of it. This will not just help the students in having more time but also over a while improve the confidence to have a good exam.
- Usage of flashcards: This is comparatively a new technique which came into place. Students can actually study inorganic chemistry by usage of flash cards. This does not just make the process look simple and interesting but also helps the students to memorize things which are in need of the same. Also that this process is never time consuming as it can be done at any part of time in a day.
- Regular rectification: Continuous revision is a must when it comes to competitive exams but the process does not end here. It means once a student does a revision he or she must make sure they rectify their mistakes along with the process of revision. The focal point of where they stand will be known only by this process.
These are the important steps to have a successful chemistry exam in JEE mains.