Western fashion has inspired many styles, such as denim, hats, and boots that make a great combination. Thinking about denim, hats, and boots can remind anyone of cowboy and cowgirl fashion. As one of the most popular choices among young girls across the globe, cowgirl fashion has become timelessly classy. While some people may think that cowgirl fashion is outdated, others find cowgirl trendy apparel and accessories to create a contemporary look.
· What is Cowgirl Fashion?
Cowgirl fashion originates from cowboy fashion that dates back to the twelfth century. It originated in Spain during the Salamanca and Old Castile region. The cattle herders were known as gauchos, who used to wear bolero jackets, sashes, low-crowned hats, tight-fitting trousers, and spurred boots. Shortly after the Spanish arrived in the Americas in 1519, cowboy fashion became popular in America.
Cowgirl and cowboy fashion went through various changes depending upon the various environments in which cattle herders performed their work. Also, innovations in ranching culture and in technologies used for producing clothing have had a great impact on how cowboy fashion has changed over time. Only one aspect that has remained intact is how the people loved their flamboyance in a dress.
Cowgirl fashion infuses femininity, masculinity, and the down-home Southern charm. Anyone who loves to add a flamboyant touch to outfits can try this style. Today, there are plenty of brands that manufacture and market cowgirl dresses and accessories ranging from bell-bottom denim, denim jackets, cowgirl hats, cowgirl boots, and bags.
· Who is a Cowgirl?
The culture and lifestyle of a cowgirl are more common in the western US. A woman who performs much of her work in the cattle is known as a cowgirl. Her works include taking care of cows or horses, herding and tending cattle, performing in a rodeo, etc.
· Different Ways to Dress-Up Like a Cowgirl:
To know how the cowgirls dress up, one should know why they choose those outfits. Usually, cowgirls have to perform a lot of hard work in the cattle. For herding cattle and riding on horses, they need sturdy and yet comfortable outfits. Also, they are surrounded by animals most of the day. Hence, they have to deal with dirt and sweat. Some practical and functional outfit options for cowgirls are:
· Denim or skirts that last long
· Hats to protect from Sunrays
· Boots for horse riding and optimum protection of feet
· Long-sleeve shirts for mosquito and sunlight protection
· Jackets for protection during cold seasons
· Belts for a snug fit of their bottom wear
Though cowgirl fashion boasts a cultural history, one can find various options today to set a cowgirl trendy look. Here are some modern and stylish ways to adapt cowboy fashion to different seasons and occasions.
Anyone can infuse the age-old cowgirl fashion with the latest trend by choosing any three items from the list below.
- Bell bottom jeans
- Denim shorts or Skirts
- Plaid shirts
- Denim jackets
1. Bell Bottom Jeans, Top, and Hats: A camel hat with a pair of bell-bottom jeans can create an effortless cowgirl look. One can either choose a simple half sleeve top or can experiment with the design of the top as well. A simple top and a cardigan can add some cowgirl vibes to this outfit. One can also go for a cute peasant-like crop top as that would add a boho-chic appeal. For the boho lover, this look can be the ultimate head-turner. For a more stylish look, ripped bell-bottom jeans can be a perfect choice.
2. Jeans, White T-Shirt, and Cowgirl Boots: One can swap the bell-bottom jeans for a pair of boot cut or skinny jeans. However, adding a pair of cowgirl boots is a must for this look. For the upper wear, anything can go from a simple white t-shirt to a pullover sweater. A white long-sleeve top can create a simple cowgirl look whereas a white poncho or cloak can create a boho look. To spice up the look, an embellished leather belt and a colorful bandana can be the best options.
3. Plaid Scarf, Denim, and Boots: For a traditional cowgirl look, plaid is an iconic pattern. Therefore, wearing a plaid scarf can make a huge difference if someone wants to set an ultimate cowgirl look. Plaid and boots work great as an epitome of a western style. Plaid blanket scarves make a great option for cold winter while cotton plaid scarves are perfect for summer.
4. Plaid Shirt, Hat, and Denim: As mentioned earlier, plaid works best in creating an ultimate cowgirl trendy look. A pair of full-sleeve plaid shirt, a pair of denim and a hat makes a great combination for a chic and modern look. One can experiment with the style of the bottom wear by choosing anything from a pair of jeans, a denim skirt, or a pair of shorts. For a laid-back look, wearing the shirt unbuttoned on top of a tee makes a suitable option. Adding a leather pendant or chocker can complete the look.
5. Red Bandana, Denim, and Belt: A red bandana is another iconic piece of accessories for a cowgirl look. One can add favorite bottom wear and a statement belt to complete the look. If anyone thinks that a cowgirl look cannot be sophisticated, the person may be wrong as adding a pair of black shorts and a black belt can be the gamechanger. For a pulled-together look, a red bandana, a solid white top, a pair of denim and a colorful scarf makes a great choice.
Fashion evolves over time and so is cowgirl fashion. One can easily shop for relevant outfits and accessories from the above list to create a cowgirl trendy look. While looking for bell-bottom denim and other accessories, one must ensure that these are comfortable in the first place. A combination of style and comfort can make anyone the trendsetter among friends. Cowgirl look can reflect that true cowgirl life, which can make anyone feel the immediate need to move to the countryside and enjoy living there for a lifetime.