The cannabis marketplace is experiencing rapid expansion and new businesses are opening every day. The change in local laws in various states has helped create a vibrant and innovative industry. As a consumer, this is a good thing as it gives you an assortment of products, stores, and companies to choose from, and no matter what you’re looking for somebody is likely making it. There is a downside, however, to have so many options. With so many cannabis store choices how do you know which one is best?
Finding a Good Cannabis Store
The upside of a growing industry is you don’t lack options and numerous cannabis stores are competing for your business. The downside, though, is that this is a newer industry and many of these stores don’t have a very long history. It’s far easier to find a reputable store when they’ve been a part of the community for 40 years. Luckily, there are ways to tell a good store from a bad one.
- The Store Itself: like any store, you can tell if a cannabis store is being run by people putting effort into the operation. The layout, lighting, design, and how well-maintained the store is can tell you a lot about it. A good store is going to make you feel comfortable, welcome, and interested in your business. Good ambiance is a good sign.
- The Selection: a good store will offer an assortment of products to choose from. The cannabis industry is an innovative one and offers products in several forms to meet consumer wants, need, and use. A good store is going to have several brands, both large and small, and options for your cannabis use.
- The Staff: when you’re at a cannabis store helpful staff is a must. There’s a lot of different cannabis products each differing in potency and how you should use it. Even if you’re experienced in cannabis use, there are likely still things you don’t know, and still, given how fast the industry moves you shouldn’t be expected to know everything. An informed and helpful staff can advise you on making the right discussion for your needs and is also a sign a cannabis business cares about its customers.
- Visibility: a store that is visible in the local community can tell you a good deal about how they are run. A store that does local outreach such as donations and charity drives cares about the community, not just about its customers. It shows character and, for business, the character does matter as it can show how committed they are to providing their customers the best business possible.
- They Follow the Rules: there are clearly defined laws for buying and selling cannabis products. While showing your identification every time can be a bit of a hassle, it shows a store is trying to do things the right way. This is also reflected in their products and how they treat customers, because showing commitment to standards is also reflected in other aspects of the business itself.
- Little Extras: finally, the little things matter. Things such as a loyalty program, sakes, and freebies show that a store wants to make the process a little fun for customers and reward loyalty. Caring about your customers is one of the key traits of any good cannabis store.
Cannabis is an exciting industry to be a part of no matter which side of it you happen to be on customer or seller. It’s an exciting and innovative time and what products come out next seems limited only by imagination and the time needed to make it a reality. As a customer, finding a good store you can trust makes the whole experience all the richer and more rewarding.