The food and beverage sectors are highly competitive and every manufacturer is looking for ways to reduce their running costs, which is where wastewater treatment can play an important role.
Of course, water is a necessary resource for many manufacturing facilities. The cost of treating wastewater can be excessive, especially if your wastewater system is old and has seen better days.
The latest version of industrial wastewater treatment system would employ a combination of chemical and mechanical treatments that results in more water recycled and not only that, sludge can be treated and used by the agricultural sector. The following sectors benefit from this form of wastewater treatment:
- Soft Drinks– There are processes that deliver a high ratio of recycling waste.
- Dairy– There is a large amount of organic matter that is waste when processing dairy products.
- Processing Fruit And Vegetables– A lot of waste is created when processing fruit and vegetables and a state-of-the-art wastewater system in place reduces the amount of waste, which in turn reduces costs.
- Snack Foods– There is a lot of oil used in the manufacturing process of some snack foods.
- Meat, Fish & Poultry– A lot of nutrients can end up in wastewater, which causes fungi and bacteria to flourish.
- Baking– A lot of wastewater can be recycled and reused in the baking industry.
- Breweries And Wineries– There are a total of 4 processes, namely malting, mashing, boiling and fermenting, and a good wastewater treatment system can minimise the amount of wastewater.
- Vegetable Oil Production– Another sector that can benefit from wastewater systems.
All of the above can benefit from state-of-the-art wastewater treatment systems and if you run a food or drink production facility, approach an industry specialist and you might be surprised at how much more efficient your manufacturing process can be.
This is a major goal of good wastewater management in the F&B sectors and the wastewater treatment plant can eliminate all contaminants, allowing you to reuse the water, which keeps costs down. There are both chemical and mechanical treatments that can be used, depending on the nature of your business. When you are releasing wastewater into a waterway, you need to be sure it is compliant with state regulations.
Chemical Oxygen Demand (COD) & Biochemical Oxygen Demand (BOD5)
Measuring the COD enables the wastewater treatment system to analyse the strength of the waste stream, while these measurements indicate where water is wasted the most. Direct discharge is often in place and with the latest treatments, a lot of this waste can be effectively recycled and reused.
Tailored To Suit
If you enlist the services of an established wastewater systems provider, they can tailor the system, design it specifically for your processes, making your production a little higher, while recycling and reusing water. If your wastewater system has seen better days, call in the wastewater systems expert and see what they can do for you. This will save you money in the long-term and it will also be eco-friendlier.