As a business owner, you should appreciate the efforts of your employees. It’s one of the important factors that determine your long-term success. But how can you do that? Some business owners want to do something to recognize their employees’ efforts but drop the idea for several reasons.
One of the common reasons is they exactly don’t know what to do, and sometimes they run out of employee recognition awards ideas. If you are also one of them, this article will help you plan for a great employee recognition award ceremony.
The first thing to keep in mind is that there are different types of employee recognition programs. Before you plan, let’s discuss the three common types of employee appreciation.
- Formal Recognition
- Informal Recognition
- Day-to-Day Recognition
Each of these recognition award ceremonies serves different purposes. The objectives of each of these programs are different, so the strategies and planning.
Formal recognition generally refers to an organized program to reward some employees for achieving excellence or significant goals.
Usually, this type of event occurs once a year, which is also referred to as an annual program. Sometimes, it also occurs in six-months to motivate and honor the employees. Follow the below steps to plan for a great formal recognition award ceremony:
- Evaluate the Employees’ Performance Carefully: When you are planning for a formal recognition award ceremony, it’s essential to carefully evaluate the performance of employees. You need to ensure that employees should receive equal recognition who have achieved similar goals.
- Personalize the Award Ceremony: One of the crucial factors to consider is to personalize the award ceremony. That means when you select someone for an award, then mention some particular contribution of the employees towards the organization.
- Appreciate Employees Publicly: Another important thing that you need to consider is to appreciate their achievements publicly. Whether it’s formal, informal, or day-to-day recognition, it inspires them to perform better next time when you praise them publicly.
- Involve The Loved Ones of the Employees: Lastly, you can involve your employees’ loved ones in the ceremony to make a lasting impact.
Although informal recognitions are not as great as formal recognition, they are equally effective. They are mainly focused on individuals or groups to encourage and inspire them. It doesn’t matter how you plan your appreciation. It should contain these things.
- Personalization: Like formal recognition, it’s essential to mention why you appreciate and offer awards in an informal recognition.
- Meaningful: it should be meaningful, which means nobody wants to get a trinket. Instead of it, you should offer some incentive-based award that will have a far better impact on the employees.
- Immediate: You should offer the award as soon as you recognize an achievement.
- Simple: Another important thing to keep in mind is to make your recognition award simple.
- Public: Even if it’s immediate and simple, nothing stops you from publicly recognizing your employees’ achievements.
Day-to-day recognition is crucial for your company’s success. Many business owners don’t understand it in the early stages. It improves employee productivity even if they are not tied to any particular project or target.
It can be simply a verbal appreciation or an eCard, instant award cards. It’s one of the easiest and offers great flexibility to appreciate your employees, and you don’t need a plan for it.
Hopefully, now you have a clear idea of how to plan for employee recognition awards. Employee recognition is a great way to motivate and inspire your workers. It can significantly improve their productivity. Finally, please share your views on this post in the comments section.