Board exams are a vital part of a student’s life. Each and every student wants to score good marks in the board examination. Students burn the midnight oil to excel in the board exams. Scoring good marks in board examinations will help you get into a good college or university. To score good marks in the board examination (10th and 12th), you should work hard and be smart at the same time. If your board exams are approaching, you must be working hard to improve your marks. You must be under pressure to do well in your exams. Follow these habits to improve your marks in board exams:
- Exam syllabus: Before appearing in your board examination, you should be well-acquainted with the syllabus and the exam pattern. Go through the syllabus of the CBSE board exams. You should know the syllabus and exam pattern of all the subjects. Go through the previous year question papers to understand the exam pattern. You should know the syllabus of each and every subject thoroughly. This will make your exam preparation smooth and hassle-free.
- Timetable: To appear for any examination, it is important to follow a good timetable. You should plan your daily routine beforehand to achieve your aim. Give equal time to all the subjects including mathematics, science, social science, elective and language. In order to have a fruitful result, you should make a timetable. You should put equal emphasis on all the subjects. Study regularly according to your timetable. Try to cover each and every subject in your timetable.
- Revision: To excel in your board exams, you should revise your chapters or lessons regularly. You should revise your chapters or lessons taught in the classroom after coming home. Also study the NCERT textbooks thoroughly for a better understanding of the subject. Do not procrastinate because this will create a lot of problems before the examination. Revise the chapters and make notes in your copy. And if you have any doubts, you can clarify them the next day with your teacher.
- Solve previous year question papers: If you want to do well in your board exam, solve and practice previous year question papers. You can also solve sample papers before the exam. This will boost your confidence. It will help you to know the level of your preparation. You will come to know about your strong and weak points. Solve the important question answers from the last year papers. You will get an idea of the topics which are important from the examination point of view.
- Practice writing answers: You should practice writing answers. This will also help you to avoid grammatical errors and improve your writing speed. Try writing long answers within a fixed time to enhance your writing skills and speed. For mathematics, practice a few sums regularly to enhance your problem solving skills.
- Do not take stress: It is important not to take stress before the board exam as this can lower your motivation and confidence. Being stressed out can lead to anxiety and confusion. It can make you forget your answers. You should be well prepared and confident before appearing for the examination.
- Watch tutorials: If you have any doubts that need clarification, you can watch tutorials available on the internet. There are many tutorials available to help you in your examination. You can also jot down the important points and make notes from them. You can gain extra knowledge and information which may help you to gain extra marks in your answers.
- Time management: Time management plays an important role in scoring good marks in your board exam. If you are not able to write the answers within the given time, you may not score well in the exam. You should know how to manage the time and write the answers within the given time. Solve the previous year paper or sample papers within a fixed time.
- Smart work: Smart work is the key to excel in any exam. It is important to work hard but studying smartly and wisely can prove beneficial to you. Try to cover up all the subjects. Do not focus on a single subject as this will consume more time. Give equal time to all the subjects. Know your strong and weak areas of the subjects and prepare your timetable according to it.
- Clear your concepts: It is important to be clear with the concepts. If you have any doubts regarding any subject, you should clear them beforehand. Seek the help of your teacher or friend to clear it. You can also take the help of the internet to clarify it. If you are not clear with your concepts, it may confuse you in your exam. Listen to your teacher carefully in your classroom while he or she is teaching any subject. This will make your exam preparation effective.
- Take breaks: It is very important to take breaks while studying for your exam. Take rest and relax in-between study hours. This will help you retrieve your energy and study well for the next few hours. If you do not take enough rest, you may forget your lessons while preparing.
- Make your strategy: Strategic planning will prove effective in your board exam. Everybody has their strategy and you should make a strategy of yours too. Prepare a strategy according to your needs and convenience.
- Know your weak points and strong points: Before appearing for any exam, you need to know your weak points and strong points. Focus on your weak areas and give adequate time to them. If you have a good grip on some subjects, you need not spend much time on them.
If you want to do well in your board exams, these tips and tricks will help you to a great extent. It will help you to adopt a pragmatic and strategic approach in your board exam. Follow it religiously if you want to ace your board exams.