Have you tried memorizing a 6 to 8 digit phone number? Tricky, isn’t it? Unless you have a photographic memory, chances are, it will take you several run-throughs to get those digits locked in.
If you are a marketing executive or a business owner, you put a premium on your organization or your company’s numbers. You want your partners and customers to remember them easily.
How do you do this? It may be time for you to subscribe to Vanity Phone Numbers.
A vanity phone number is a toll-free number containing a sequence of digits that can be easily remembered due to its pattern.
For example, an eye clinic may opt for a number ending in 20-20, while a delivery service company can choose a number terminating in 24-7.
Here are some of the top reasons why you need to get vanity phone numbers:
- Easy recall. We now live in a fast-paced, data-driven society. Everyone is virtually on the move and faced with the daunting task of processing and retaining a significant amount of information.
Having a vanity number will enable your clients to remember your number with the minimum amount of effort. For instance, courier services such as FedEx use the number 1-800-GoFedEx. You need to choose a number with high memory recall.
- Brand reinforcement. The American Cancer Society launched a campaign to convince people to stop smoking. So, they chose the vanity number 1-866-QUIT-4-LIFE. The number is not only easy to remember but also reinforces the mission and brand of the organization.
The great thing in having a vanity phone number is that it tells your customers what your company does, and help them remember this information. Consequently, your clients will remember you when the need arises and inform their friends about your business.
- Added credibility. Having a vanity phone number sends a strong message that your company means business. For instance, if your group focuses on providing legal assistance services, your number will reflect the principles you stand for.
Undoubtedly, there are other companies that offer the same menu of services. But having a vanity number will help move your organization a notch above the competition and position itself as an industry leader.
- Improved customer service. With your vanity number etched in the minds of your customers, their first impulse is to call you when they need your services. On the other hand, you can expect clients to contact you if they are unsatisfied with your products.
As a result, you will be able to establish stronger ties with your clientele and continue to improve the delivery of your services. Through this feedback mechanism, your business can immediately adapt to the ever-increasing demands of the market.
- Market expansion. Aside from enabling your company to generate leads, your vanity number gives you one more main advantage: a national presence. Through your toll-free number, you will be able to edge out your main competitors.
Your vanity number will remain a constant reminder to your clients that you are just a phone call away. Your business might not be strategically located, but your vanity number will make sure that you are always connected to your customers.
If you’re still undecided to get your vanity number, it is time to put your doubts aside. Having one will not only ensure that your company can go head-to-head with the competition. More importantly, it will guarantee your business’ sustainability in the coming years.