Now more and more countries offer to obtain their passport through investment. People can make investments in real estate, businesses, or special funds. According to Svetlana Gorchakova of the agency Immigrant Invest, Grenada and St. Kitts offer some of the most profitable programs. Both countries are attracting investors, not for the first year. These states are known for their good climate and geographical location. However, they also have some differences. Therefore there is a logical question – which company should you choose and what to pay attention to?
Before applying for Saint Kitts citizenship or in Grenada, it is essential to consider all the specifics. Such an analysis is the only way to determine the most appropriate option. To compare Grenada vs. St. Kitts citizenship, let’s first look at each country separately.
Specifics and advantages of the Grenada passport
The program in Grenada has been in operation since 2013. During this time, it has become perfectly fine-tuned. The minimum investment in 2022 is $150,000. It is necessary to deposit this amount in a particular fund. It is irrevocable.
Also, the investor can buy real estate in this country for 270,000 dollars. Later, in 5 years, it will be possible to sell it and make a profit. Getting a document of this country is a profitable investment. The advantages of this option:
- The possibility of visa-free travel to 146 countries around the world. Apply for a document of this state, and you can fully know what mobility is. With the Grenada passport, you no longer have to deal with visas and other restrictions.
- The possibility of further relocation to the United States is possible. This country’s passport is a beneficial solution for those considering further emigration. In addition, Grenada is a member of the E-2 treaty, so its residents can count on simplified processing of all procedures.
- Advantageous system of taxation. For example, if you have a business in other countries, you do not have to pay taxes in Grenada.
In addition, dual citizenship is allowed in this country. Therefore, it is possible to apply for a passport and enjoy all the benefits locals get without restrictions.
Obtaining Grenada citizenship is not a complicated process. It is possible to include several family members in one application.
Citizenship program in St. Kitts
St. Kitts has had a citizenship program since 1984. Although many changes have been made over this period, the main point is that all procedures are consistent and well-established.
One must invest in a particular fund or purchase real estate to obtain a passport. The minimum contribution is $150,000. However, it should be taken into account that it is irrevocable. Concerning the purchase of housing, its minimum price must be 175000 dollars. Dispose of the property will be possible in 5-7 years. It is necessary to choose houses from the list approved by the state.
The benefits of obtaining a passport from this country are:
- The possibility of visa-free travel to more than 150 countries. These include the European Union, Singapore, and Great Britain. Thanks to the passport of this country, you can not spend an extended period obtaining visas and other documents needed to travel to a particular region.
- The possibility of obtaining a long-term visa to the United States. It is a chance not only for the primary investor but also for his family members.
- There are no taxes on the value-added profit. In this respect, the citizenship of this country looks one of the most exciting and profitable. The government has created optimal conditions for business development in various areas.
Considering such advantages, it is not surprising that immigration to the small island state is stable. Investors are valued here, so they offer them the most favorable conditions.
Which country’s passport is it worth choosing?
When comparing St. Kitts and Grenada citizenship, it can be noted that both countries have created favorable conditions. Therefore, everyone should choose the right option based on their preferences. For example, people can guide by the climate, opportunities for children, and so on.
If comparing existing programs, there is a slight preference for St. Kitts. First, the program of attracting investors works significantly longer. Secondly, it is necessary to pay a smaller amount of money. If comparing St. Kitts and Grenada passports, the advantage will again be in favor of the first. For example, it is expressed in the following:
- The possibility of visiting a few more countries. The difference is only 10-15 countries, but it can be decisive. It is with a St. Kitts passport that travel becomes more convenient, as you can quickly see from your own experience.
- More favorable taxation. In this context, only some can compete with St. Kitts. This is important to consider because here, people do not have to pay income tax, which provides suitable conditions for business development, increasing its audience.
- The smoothness of procedures. The investor attraction program has been running for 40 years, so every detail is considered.
However, it cannot be said that Grenada looks noticeably worse in all these indicators. Of course, there is a difference, but it is not that significant. That’s why Grenada vs. St. Kitts passport is a rivalry in which everyone decides which option is better for them.