There is no hiding the fact that this past year has been an obstacle for everyone around the globe. With a looming pandemic keeping us indoors for the greater good, now is the time to find ways to make staying inside as enjoyable as possible. Whether you live in a cold winter region or generally warm climate year-round, these are 3 feel good indoor activities that are worth giving a try this season.
1. Get Crafty and Learn to Knit
One thing is for sure, being stuck inside can make it easy for lazy habits to form. When each day seems to blend into the next it can be hard to find ways to stay active and motivated. With that said, knitting is the perfect hobby that anyone can enjoy doing at any age that boasts surprising benefits like:
- Relieving stress and helping to improve mental health
- Sharpening focus and fine motor skills
- A therapeutic way to improve self-esteem
For anyone intrigued to give knitting a try but wondering where to start, find the answers easily with Yarnspirations the best all in one online resource for knitters at every stage or skill level. Explore everything from different brands of yarn, project patterns to try, getting the right tools or accessories, and even find how-to tutorials to help you get on track to start creating.
2. Treat Yourself to Home Baked Goods
There is no need to be an expert in the kitchen to enjoy the relaxing joy of baking. A true feel-good activity that gets you up and moving by doing something creative to spark the senses. Afterall, what is better than the smell and taste of fresh baked cookies?
Put your attention to good use by baking up a fresh batch easy to make chocolate chip cookies. Enjoy the calming process of mixing the ingredients and the excitement of waiting as the cookies bake in the oven while the sweet aroma fills the air. Enjoying freshly baked cookies is a sure way to bring a smile to your face and treat your tummy too!
Not in the mood for cookies, some other easy to make feel-good baking ideas to give a try are:
- Banana bread
- Muffins with chocolate chips or fruit
- Brownies by the tray or in bite size
3. Plan a Movie Night at Home
The perfect activity to do alone or with someone close, but preferably from the same house during this time. With a quick internet search, you can find tons of tips for the best movie night ever. On the other hand, you can keep it simple but amazing with these ideas:
- Pick a new movie to rent or watch a favorite to avoid disappointment
- Create a plush in-home theater experience with tons of pillows, cushions and blankets
- Make tons of popcorn and eat it out of a theater style bucket
- Kick your popcorn up a notch with melted butter and seasoning
- Turn off your phone and dim the lights for a real theater experience
Enjoying a movie night at home is a great way to disconnect and relax with in home entertainment.