Maintaining healthy teeth and gums is essential for a healthy smile. Restorative dentistry is a term that describes the various techniques used by your Potts Point dentist to restore and maintain your teeth. This type of dentistry can include anything from repairing a tooth that has been damaged by decay or injury to replacing a missing tooth with an implant.
The main goal of restorative dentistry is to preserve the natural teeth as much as possible. Several techniques can be adopted to achieve this, including:
– Dental fillings: When a tooth has been damaged by decay, a dental filling can be utilised to restore it to its original shape and function. A dental filling is a material placed in the tooth to fill in the space where the decay was removed. There are several dental fillings, including composite resin, gold, and silver.
– Dental crowns: A dental crown is a cap placed over the top of a damaged or cracked tooth. It helps in restoring the tooth to its original shape and size. A dental crown can also be used to cover a dental implant.
– Dental bridges: A dental bridge is a device used to replace a missing tooth. It is made up of two or more false teeth, which are attached to two or more anchoring teeth called “pontics”.
– Dental implants: A dental implant is a titanium rod placed in the jawbone to replace a missing tooth. It can support a dental crown, bridge, or denture.
Restorative dentistry can be used to treat a wide variety of dental problems, including:
– Tooth decay
– Broken or cracked teeth
– Teeth that are discoloured, misshapen, or otherwise damaged
– Missing teeth
– Tooth loss
Benefits of restorative dentistry
Restorative dentistry can not only improve the appearance of your teeth; it can also improve your oral health. By repairing damaged teeth and filling in gaps where missing teeth used to be, restorative dentistry can help to prevent further decay and damage. It can also help to keep your jawbone healthy and strong.
If you are considering restorative dentistry, be sure to consult with a dental professional. They will recommend an appropriate treatment for you based on your individual needs and budget. Restorative dentistry can be expensive, but it is often worth the investment in improved oral health and appearance.
Who can perform restorative dentistry?
Only a qualified dental professional can perform restorative dentistry. This includes dentists and dental surgeons. If you are considering restorative dentistry, be sure to consult with a qualified professional. They will suggest the ideal treatment for you based on your individual needs and budget.
Restorative dentistry can be expensive, but it is often worth the investment in improved oral health and appearance. The cost of restorative dentistry will vary depending on the type of treatment.
If you would like to learn more about restorative dentistry, it would be best to contact your dentist. They can provide you with more information about the procedures available and the benefits they may offer.