Anxiety disorder is one of the most common mental illness, in the US and elsewhere. In the United States alone it affects over 40 million adults every year.
Unfortunately below 40% of those affected seek or receive treatment.
Women are more likely to suffer from anxiety than men.
GAD or generalized anxiety disorder is one of the most prevalent types of anxiety disorder reported among adults.
As the above points show, anxiety disorder is a serious mental illness that is affecting more and more people every year. Unfortunately not many take symptoms of anxiety seriously and tend to ignore them. While it is true that any person can feel anxious from time to time, if this feeling persists over a duration of time and simply refuses to die, it is most certainly a case of mental illness requiring treatment.
The good news is that if anxiety is detected in the early stages, you can seek relief at home. While consulting a doctor and ascertaining your condition is always a wise call, there are several home remedies and tips that work quite well.
What is Anxiety Disorder?
Anxiety disorder is termed as that continuous feeling of fear, worry and apprehension of bad things just about to happen. While we all experience these feeling from time to time, commonly they disappear after a short while. But when they don’t, and the feelings persist, it is anxiety disorder. Anxiety disorder has many forms and each is quite distinguishable from the other.
Types of Anxiety Disorder
- Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD) – One of the most common types of anxiety disorder, it mostly affects woman. It is most easily identified when a person is suffering from chronic worry, tension and anxiety.
- Panic Disorder – When a person repeatedly panics and fears their surroundings it is a sign of panic disorder.
- Post-traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) – Another common mental ailment affecting more women than men, PTSD is a result of a person experiencing something traumatic in their life. Traumatic event could mean being witness to war, natural disaster, physical, sexual or emotional abuse or military combat.
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) – A person suffering from OCD will have an unreasonable urge to continuously improve their surroundings, clean what has already by cleaned, count numbers endlessly, wear clothes in a specific way and so on.
- Social Anxiety Disorder – When a person fears being among people, fears pubic events and tries to stay away from them, they are most certainly suffering from social anxiety disorder.
Where Can You Feel Anxiety Symptoms?
There are numerous symptoms that can indicate anxiety disorder. The most common symptoms include increased heartbeat, palpitations, headaches, stomach ache, dizziness, insomnia, hyperventilation, difficulty in concentrating, nervousness, profusely sweating, weakness, tiredness and more. In most cases, the symptoms can be both physical as well as emotional. This is why many people look to products like kava (you can get kava products locally) to help them deal with these symptoms in a natural way.
Anxiety Relief for Adults – Tips You Can Try at Home
One of the deterrents for anxiety relief is seeking help, exercising caution and the ability to detect symptoms early on. Most fail to understand anxiety as a mental illness and merely term their symptoms as a passing phase. But it is most crucial that the symptoms of anxiety are identified early on so that you can treat yourself at home.
It is quite simple to treat anxiety in the initial phase. A few lifestyle changes, healthy habits and cautious behavior can prevent anxiety from becoming a serious mental illness. Some of the most recommended tips to try at home are –
- Exercise Daily – We are increasingly staying hooked to our seats, barely moving or walking. This has not only increased the chances of more physical ailments but has also adversely affected our mental condition. To keep anxiety attacks at bay, make sure you exercise daily. You can either walk, jog, practice yoga or join a gym. Keep in mind that the aim may not always be to lose weight.
- Eat Healthy – In the pursuit of a brighter career or giving more time to raising kids, we often tend to compromise on what we eat. This is a fatal mistake we must avoid. Oily food, junk food, improper meals, skipping meals all contribute to aggravating causes of anxiety. It is important that you have a balanced diet that is full of greens, proteins, fiber etc.
- Sleep Properly – One of the early signs of anxiety disorder is insomnia and/or improper sleep. Stress and panic can keep us awake for a long time. But if you care about your mental health, it is important to sleep on time, sleep for at least 6 to 8 hours daily and maintain the routine all along. It isn’t easy for many to discipline their sleep cycle, but practice and perseverance helps.
- Meditate – It has been seen that meditation helps in calming the nerves. Meditating every morning, chanting hymns, concentrating on yourself by closing your eyes are all healthy habits for the mind.
Anxiety Relief Through Natural Supplements
Anxiety relief through exercise and diet control helps to a large extent. But sometimes you may need more than mere lifestyle changes. If you are still asking what can relieve anxiety, you should continue reading. Anxiety relief over the counter medication are quite common. There are several types of such medications available in the market. But if you want to seriously consider including an anxiety relieving supplement into your life, you must look for ones which are naturally made. The best ones are those which are made using ingredients such as Ashwagandha, St. John’s Wort, B-Vitamins, Magnesium, Chamomile extract etc. These ingredients are necessary to control the serotonin levels which when becomes exceedingly low causes anxiety, depression, panic and worry. These ingredients have excessively been used in traditional medicines such as in Ayurveda.
Anxiety Relief Through Natural Supplements
Anxiety relief through exercise and diet control helps to a large extent. But sometimes you may need more than mere lifestyle changes. If you are still asking what can relieve anxiety, you should continue reading. Anxiety relief over the counter medication are quite common. There are several types of such medications available in the market. But if you want to seriously consider including an anxiety relieving supplement into your life, you must look for ones which are naturally made. The best ones are those which are made using ingredients such as Ashwagandha, St. John’s Wort, B-Vitamins, Magnesium, Chamomile extract etc. These ingredients are necessary to control the serotonin levels which when becomes exceedingly low causes anxiety, depression, panic and worry. These ingredients have excessively been used in traditional medicines such as in Ayurveda. You may also wish to try a CBD supplement, which can help with many things including stress, anxiety, and even sleep. Gold Bee has a range of award-winning CBD products that you could take a look at and consider adding into your everyday routine.
It is important that misconceptions about anxiety, stress, panic and depression are dispelled. It is also necessary that affected people seek help. Unfortunately most try to hide their symptoms. But this is the time for the conversation to begin. You can take control of your mental state by taking precautionary measures right away. Do not wait for things to aggravate to a point where there is no return.