A new Blog by Derrick Allott.
In our busy schedules and fast lives, we often end up eating as per convenience, rather than what is healthy. Many a time, we eat to please our taste buds, but remain quite unaware about the health hazards that this type of eating habit might pose.
In a bid to lose weight, we also end up cutting out a few essential ingredients from our diet. This, instead of making us healthier, does the exact opposite. Every element is needed for your body, whether it is vitamins, minerals, proteins, carbohydrates, fibers or even fat (although choose the healthy ones). Each of these nutrients has their own individual roles to play in our physical and mental development.
Effects Of Wrong Eating Habits:
An immediate effect of the wrong choice of food on our health is excessive weight gain within a short span of time, or obesity. Next in line are problems like diabetes, heart diseases, high blood pressure, low weight, weak bones or maybe even slow brain development. It is imperative to eat healthy and eat right in order to stay healthy.
What is healthy eating?
- What we eat provides all the essential nutrients to our body. This supplies our body with the right amount of energy to do our daily work. And all these nutrients come only from healthy food, not anything and everything we eat.
- Healthy food is needed to stimulate the growth hormones that will increase our height gradually with age.
- Healthy food is also needed for the functioning of our system. All the nutrients derived from healthy food trigger body cells and brain cells to actively run and perform their task.
- Healthy food improves the immune system, preventing you from falling sick easily. A strong immunity fights against all disease bearing bacteria and viruses.
- It is generally advised to cut out fat from our diet. This is often mistaken as entirely excluding even healthy fats. The unhealthy fats that should not be eaten are called saturated, and trans- fats. Mono unsaturated fats, poly unsaturated fats, omega 3 and omega 6 fatty acids are very important for our health, just like proteins and vitamins. These fats get stored under skin cells which get transformed into energy required for physical and mental activities. It is important that we include these in our diet.
- Healthy food can help you maintain a well-shaped body without falling into the evil trap of weight gain or obesity.