Protecting your home from pests is not always about using chemical-based products. You can make your home pest free by simply investing in organic essential oils. Usage of essential oils for naturally getting rid of pests has suddenly boomed in Indian households. Natural oils not only would help you to get rid of the pest in a chemical-free way but also enrich the indoor air and have a calming effect in the room. If you are using essential oils in your lifestyle be rest assured that the flies and mosquitoes would not fly around you due to the natural properties of these natural essential oils to repel them. Here are some of the best essential oils that you must buy to lead a healthy and refreshing life.
- Herbal lemongrass essential oil- Since the age of Ayurveda, herbal lemongrass oil has been used extensively for skin therapies, preventing pests, and adding a relaxing fragrance to your home. You no longer have to rely on chemical-based repellents to get rid of pests in your house as this natural essential oil works equally wonders. Apart from the benefit of repelling pests naturally, this oil has a lot of health benefits. The lemongrass oil balances out your energy and has a relaxing effect on your mind. Several other benefits of this oil are that it soothes the mind, reduces headaches, sparks up energy levels, etc.
- Herbal neem essential oil- The therapeutic power of neem is famously known to many people. Herbal neem essential oil acts as one of the best natural insect repellents to keep your home safe from the problems that these insects and mosquitoes could have brought. Though neem leaves are bitter to taste, this oil is made using neem seeds that have wonderful healing properties. The strong ingredients of neem essential oils keep the mosquitoes away from you creating a safe environment for you and your family. This oil is mixed with a carrier oil such as coconut or almond oil and also effective in treating acne and other skin-related issues.
- Herbal basil (Tulsi) essential oil– Tulsi essential oil is used tremendously in Indian households due to its religious and ayurvedic values. Adding basil oil to your lifestyle can reduce stress levels and keep unwanted health issues away. Tulsi essential oil is made by extracting the oil from Tulsi leaves which is pure and raw. Added to these benefits Tulsi essential oil has the power to balance hormones and heal respiratory problems. You can also diffuse Basil essential oil using a diffuser in your home to ensure a safe and soothing environment.
- Herbal cedarwood essential oil– Another essential oil adding to the trail of natural insect repellent is cedarwood essential oil. Cedarwood oil is extracted from the wood pieces of a cedar tree which has an earthly and warm effect. This essential oil is the best one for preventing pests as it fights fungi and bugs effectively. If you are someone who wants to switch to products that are chemical-free and produce promising results then cedarwood essential oil must be your go-to for preventing pests. Apart from being a good natural insect repellent, herbal cedarwood essential oil also helps you to increase focus and concentrate properly.
- Herbal citronella essential oil- The oil that is extracted from the citronella plants is yet another essential oil that has properties that fight bacteria and fungi. This oil naturally repels insects and you can use it in different ways as per your convenience. For your better usage, all essential oils are available in different quantities. Herbal citronella oil also has a citrus fragrance which makes the aroma of your room vibrant and pleasant eventually keeping the insects away.
- Herbal Eucalyptus essential oil– With an array of healing properties, herbal eucalyptus oil is yet another essential oil that has proven to be a natural insect repellent. This oil is highly effective in healing allergies and infections caused due to insects. One of the most important features of eucalyptus essential oil is that it repels rats without you getting indulged with chemical-based products to keep your home safe from rats. This oil also helps to reduce headaches and relieve cough.