When we get old we get many kinds of sickness and diseases, and treating this becomes expensive and a lot of care has to be taken. There are many insurance companies, which is offering various kinds of health insurance for senior citizens especially for people who are 65 years of age and above. All your medical expenses will be covered by health insurance under the scheme, which is provided. Whatever expenses have been incurred by you will be covered by these schemes.
Day by day as you get old, you will have more bodily and emotional stress over the health issues and finances and your capability to have good care for health. Insurance plans for senior citizens offer the following – Medicare plan, serious illness cover, hospitalization with the cashless facility, pre-existing disease cover, etc. Medicare comes under the federal health insurance program for people who are 65 or above, young people with disabilities, people with ESRD (end-stage renal disease). There are different parts of Medicare cover they are as follows –
- (Part A) Hospital Insurance – Part A covers health care, hospice care, skilled nursing facility care, inpatient hospital stays.
- (Part B) Medical Insurance – It covers services of doctors, care for outpatient, and supplies of medical, preventive services.
- (Part D) Drug Coverage – Prescription drug coverage is added to original Medicare, Medicare cost plans, private fee service plans etc.
There are many such Medicare medical savings account plans which the insurance companies offer. Private companies also offer such plans which are approved by Medicare. Many people are thinking that does Medicare cover lift chairs, while Medicare will not pay for a lift chair completely, but part b medical insurance or part c Medicare advantage will cover the seat lift mechanism, as medical equipment that too which is durable. And it has to be prescribed by the doctor.
Medicare Paying For Lift Chair–
What the Medicare will cover is the seat lift mechanism of a lift chair that too if the following standards are met with. They are as follows – You should have a part b medical insurance or part c medical advantage. You can also discuss with your insurance provider about the coverage, cost, suppliers, rules etc. about using a lift chair if you have Medicare advantage plan part C. Medical necessity certificate with a prescription of the doctor that the lift chair is necessary for you with part b and part d completed in your certificate is mandatory, also it should be included for seat lift mechanism form. For more details, you can visit www.mymedicare.org.
Conditions of Patient for a Lift Chair –
Seat lift mechanism of a lift chair shall be taken into consideration on the medical basis if the following conditions of patients are met with they are as follows-
- The severe neuro-muscular problem, arthritis of hip and knee, that too which is a serious case.
- The patient cannot stand on his own from a chair
- The patient needs a walker to stand up and then transfer to a wheel chair.