Shopping online has become easier, safer, and more convenient than ever. But you need to beware – not all online stores sell genuine products. It’s so easy shopping online for things like jewelry, clothes, medicine, or even diapers but what about eyeglasses or spectacle frames? How sure are you that you’ll find the right pair?
Find an online store that offers a wide selection depending on your needs. For example, they should offer frames in different colors, sizes, styles, brands, and designs. If you need help choosing the right pair of glasses you should talk to your optician or optometrist.
When buying spectacle frames online, there are a few things that you need to look out for:
1. Find a pair that enhances your facial features
Since you’ll be wearing the glasses frequently, choose a pair that suits the shape of your face. A perfect pair enhances your facial features. For example, if you have a square-shaped face, curve-edged eyeglasses can soften your strong jawline. If your face is longer than is wide (oblong-shaped), find square frames – these will help add width to your face. If you have a round face, square eyeglasses add angles to your face, downplaying your full cheeks.
2. Your skin tone
This is yet another important factor that you want to consider. If you have a warm complexion (bronze or golden cast skin tone), get frames in similar tones like olive green, brown, and honey. If you have a cool skin tone, jewel-hued frames are a great option.
3. Your lifestyle preferences and visual health
Your visual health is the most important thing to consider. That’s why it’s important to perform a comprehensive eye exam before ordering your glasses.
You should also think about your lifestyle. For example, if you’re into playing sports, choose eyeglasses from a sports eyewear collection dealer.
The fitting is a big issue with glasses but, unfortunately, it’s a hard nut to crack for most online shops. If the frames don’t fit you well, they’ll not only be uncomfortable but could cause vision problems or headaches because you won’t be looking through the lenses properly.
What’s the point of spending your hard-earned money on glasses that scratch or break the same day. Look for a seller that offers durable items especially if you play sports, find high-impact resistance lenses.
6. Shipping and return policies
You can easily purchase your new prescription glasses online but how long after you’ve made your payment do you expect to receive your new glasses? What happens if the glasses aren’t exactly what you were hoping for? Ensure that you read the return policy before you order.
The pros and cons of buying glasses online
Buying glasses online and having them delivered right to your doorstep is super convenient. There are other benefits too:
· You get all the information you need without having to be at the store physically
· It’s easy to compare what different websites have to offer before deciding which one is best
· You save money because most stores offer large discounts. This is great especially if you need more than one pair depending on your style and activities.
· You get a wide range of styles and colors to choose from including top designer brands that you can trust
There are some reasons why some people don’t like buying glasses online:
· You don’t get the chance to try on the glasses in person before buying them. With some progressive glasses, some fitting measurements need to be exactly as they’re measured in person as you try out the frames.
· An incorrect prescription may cause further complications. They may result in more blurry vision or cause your eyes to hurt.
· It’s hard to measure your pupil distance which is needed when ordering the glasses. Eye experts say that it’s as hard as cutting your hair.
· In some instances, it may be hard to return the glasses.
· Some sellers do not accept insurance as a form of payment. This means that somewhere along the way you may miss out on either value or selection. Opt for a seller that accepts your eye insurance.
· Some online sellers shy away from filing more complex prescriptions such as those featuring multifocal or high index lenses (these are similar to polycarbonate but are the thinnest lenses with the highest tensile strength for maximum durability).
How you order glasses online varies from one website to another. But in all cases, you have to choose a color that you like then go for the features. Find high-quality frames and extra-durable lenses with special coatings that are meant to protect your eyes from UV rays. Another thing you’ll need to do is enter your prescription information and the distance between your pupils so that your lenses are placed properly in the frame.
However, you choose to shop for your next pair of quality glasses and frames, look at what each seller offers so you can get the most out of your purchase.