Imagine a college student researching in a medium-sized library, surrounded by big bundles of books of the same genre, containing huge amounts of information that would take a lot of time to be read. Fortunately, this kind of situation does not occur in the present time, all thanks to the World Wide Web. Even the large city libraries have a connection to this WWW and so does our phones.
WWW stands for World Wide Web. It is an information system that hoards documents and other web sources that can be accessed through hyperlinks and URLs. Accessing the WWW requires a solid internet connection. WWW brings all the information to you by just a click on the keyboard. Looking at present-day scenarios, every person has to look on the web daily for various purposes. Going through bundles and bundles of books for researching does give a big welcome to the WWW which makes our lives and learning much easier.
· It was invented by Sir Timothy John Berners-Lee in 1989.
· The browser was first released in CERN in 1989 and was given to the general public in August 1991.
· The formatting of web pages is done using Hypertext Markup Language (HTML), which allows hyperlinks, which links the users from one web page to another.
· Different websites are already stored on the web and can be accessed easily by a web browser and an active internet connection.
· The old websites have been archived in The Internet Archive since 1996.
· The name of the host website generally starts with www and these names are called domain names or subdomain names.
· WWW is pronounced differently in each country, for example, in English, it is pronounced as double-u, double-u, double-u, and it is dub-dub-dub in New Zealand.
· A website is a collection of web pages and multimedia content and can be identified with the help of a domain name.
· WWW has to be connected to the internet and can sometimes be slow for various reasons. To overcome this problem, there is a website hosting solution for you to increase your speed.
· WWW can be accessed in all seasons ranging from the bitter cold to humid summers. It can be accessed using a lot of electronic devices, such as mobile phones, laptops, computers, iPads, etc.
· Every time you search the web, some of the information is transferred from the web to your device in a form that is called cookies.
· There is also a type of web called hidden or invisible web that cannot be accessed by any search engine.
· Surprisingly, the first website of WWW is still online after all these years.
· WWW has much vulnerability and crimes using WWW have become common in the past years.
· Web technology is available in all languages, scripts, and cultures.
· The first picture uploaded on the web was of CERN employees at the Swiss lab where WWW was made.
WWW is now 30 years old and has spent all this time trying to make our lives better and easier. A huge crowd of intellectual people works every day to bring these websites to us. Technology has evolved at such a great pace and has also made our lives much speedier than before. It’s a big thank you to WWW for providing information in such an easy and reliable way.