Are you feeling the pull to move to a new environment? Do you feel drawn to quiet areas with mountains, wildlife, and beautiful sunsets? If so, you might find Utah to be your ideal new home. If you’ve never been to Utah, here are six things that make Utah a great place to live.
1. You can build your dream home in nature
You may have heard that some builders have been canceling contracts with homebuyers. While that’s happening across the nation, there are dedicated builders in Utah who are still moving forward with projects as planned.
One of those projects is a development of more than 3,200 townhomes and single-family homes in Saratoga Springs. The Wildflower community in Saratoga Springs is a “resort town with natural hot springs on the North shore of Utah Lake.” The city has been growing for twenty years and has everything you need for outdoor adventures, including:
· 19 parks
· 7 miles of trails
· A large public marina
· A golf course
· Year-round activities
· A stunning view of Mt. Timpanogos
· A grand view of Utah Lake
When you’re in a town like Saratoga Springs, everywhere you look, you’ll see nature.
2. Utah has maintained a strong economy throughout the pandemic
When the pandemic hit the United States, it crippled most local economies. Thousands of businesses were forced to close, workers were laid off, and people were left struggling. Most of those people are still struggling even after states have partially reopened.
Utah’s economy didn’t get hit so hard. Fox News reported that Utah’s unemployment rate has been steady at 3%, while the rest of the nation has seen up to 7% unemployment. Although one third of Utah’s manufacturers have been struggling, the other 2/3 are doing as well or better than usual. The manufacturing industry is expected to recover and continue to grow in the following years.
If you want to live in an area officially declared to have the nation’s strongest economy, you want to move to Utah.
3. You can’t beat a Utah sunset over the mountains
If you love sunsets, you’ll be mesmerized by the sunsets in Utah. Sunsets over the mountains are exceptionally beautiful. The air is usually clear as well, which makes it easier to see the vibrant colors from the sun’s rays.
There’s nothing better than sitting out on your porch watching the sun set with a cup of coffee or wine and just relaxing into the evening. Sure, you can watch the sun set anywhere, but in Utah, it’s a little more special.
4. Utah has the best national parks
Fast access to national parks is one of the top reasons to move to Utah. Each park has its own attractive features.
· Arches National Park. This park has thousands of sandstone arches that you have to see in person to appreciate.
· Bryce Canyon. You’ll find plenty of beautiful scenery here along with an amphitheater and a hiking trail.
· Canyon Lands. This beautiful park has what people call an “island in the sky” – a large, flat mesa. You’ll also find Native American paintings on the rocks in Horseshoe Canyon.
· Capitol Reef. Truly a desert, this park encloses the Waterpocket Fold and contains endless sandstone, canyons, and stunning rocks. Capitol Reef is most famous for its white sandstone domes and the Hickman Bridge arch.
· Zion. Zion is a nature preserve characterized by steep red cliffs. You can drive through the park and find multiple trails in the forest by the Virgin River. At the end of the river you’ll find the Emerald Pools with a hanging garden and waterfalls.
Imagine being able to go to one of these national parks on a whim or without having to take an entire week off of work to fly out.
5. Snowy winters
Not everyone wants to move where it snows, but if you’re into snowboarding or skiing, you’ll be at home in Utah. The good news is, unlike some states, the seasons in Utah don’t blend together. You’ll get a distinct spring, summer, fall, and winter.
6. Better tax rates
There are several tax benefits to living in Utah. For example, Utah’s state income tax is a flat 5% no matter how much money you earn. Also, property taxes are low compared to most other states.
Another benefit is that estate taxes don’t exist in Utah. However, the state taxes Social Security benefits.
Utah is a thriving, growing, beautiful place to live
Hands down, if you want to live in a beautiful place, you can’t beat Utah. It’s the perfect destination for anyone who wants to be surrounded by nature and still be within the bounds of civilization.