For many, wedding bouquets are just one more little detail that they have to worry about. But for the couple, it holds more significance. Wedding bouquets go back into history. Clearly, they are an integral part of the tradition that symbolizes love, luck, and fertility.
So, it won’t be wrong to say that they mean something and are a vital accessory that brings the wedding together. Since they are so essential and often take center stage in your wedding pictures, choosing the perfect wedding bouquet is the only way to get everything right.
If you are someone all set to marry with little or no experience with bouquets, here are the tips you must follow:
Choose the right style for your dress/ body type
While this rule might seem a bit traditional, it is quite a place to start. You must follow the dress style to bouquet shape rules to complement your dress with your DIY wedding bouquet on your D-day. Here are a few examples to help you get started with flowers for wedding bouquets.
- If it’s hourglass shaped, going with a cascade bouquet will be incredible. But a word of caution here. It is pretty heavy. So, you need to give it a thought before saying “yes.”
- If the dress is pear-shaped, a presentation-style bouquet will complement it. They are like the bouquet that Miss America carries. So, they are typically easy to carry.
- An apple-shaped dress fits pretty well with a posy wedding bouquet.
- A straight shape dress or body type will match with rustic florals. You can get quite casual for this option. You can also go for sola wood wedding flowers for your bouquet so that you won’t have to think about what to do with wedding flowers after the main event.
Choose the right color palette
It is important that flowers for a wedding bouquet match well with your dress and wedding theme. Otherwise, it won’t gel well and might create a messy look for your wedding. For instance, if you go for white flowers, choose the right shade. This is important if you are wearing an ivory or cream wedding gown.
Another example is that if you are going for pale gold or rose, it will only work with specific colors. This is why you must take a swatch of your wedding dress fabric and then look for a wedding bouquet that matches perfectly. That way, you can quickly improve the aesthetics of your wedding day.
Choose alternative options
You are wrong if you think you have to choose only natural blooms to get through your wedding day. Nowadays, dried flowers (also called sola wood flowers), green foliage, paper, and brooches are quite famous for bouquets. Let’s be honest that this will last longer than the natural blooms. So, it is a plus for you as you can store it as a keepsake after your wedding.
Choose the right shape and size of your wedding bouquet
While we mentioned matching the style with the size of your wedding bouquet, you must know that it comes in various shapes and styles. Here are the types of wedding bouquets that are pretty popular amongst brides.
- Round bouquets are the most popular styles with no or little foliage. They are amazing if you go for a single flower like roses or peonies.
- Cascade bouquets give a waterfall-like appearance because of the greenery used to prepare these wedding bouquets. Besides the DIY wedding flowers, they will be full of vines and eucalyptus.
- Hand-tied bouquets are becoming quite popular nowadays if you want rustic or boho-style weddings. It will feel like wedding flowers are freshly picked. Usually, peonies or roses are a part of this.
- Asymmetrical bouquets are perfect for brides who love unusual styles. Since it’s unstructured, you can use different wedding flowers to make this bouquet.
Choose customized options to make it personal
Never be afraid of getting creative when it comes to wedding bouquets. Remember, it’s your day, and if you want to make it more memorable, you must leave, get into the creativity zone and think about what matters to you. Use that in your wedding bouquet and create a memory for a lifetime.
At the end of your wedding day, no one will bother whether it was a good match for your dress or wedding theme. This is why you must opt for options that make you feel happy.