2021 so far has been a year of pandemic, where working and studying from home continue to be the norm. And as far as we can see, this norm is going to continue for some time in the future. Casual laid back style has so far dominated the style scene for 2020 and 2021. Easy-to-do hairstyles and casual accessories 85+continue to top the Instagram fashion trends for 2021.
Our top favorite trends for 2021 include accessories that make styling easy and quick, so you can get ready in no time for your next online meeting, class, or even a virtual family/friend get-together. Top of our list includes the ever-fashionable scrunchies, oversized hair clips, and the highly versatile headbands.
These fashion accessories have a long history, with the first recorded usage dating back to the late 1980s. Scrunchies went through a lot of evolution as style and trends changed while the core accessory remained popular.
So, what is the secret of these accessories trending forever? They are available in a range of styles, patterns, designs, and sizes. From the simplest black pain scrunchies to leopard prints to in-trend ties such as velvet, satin, and even flannel, you can pick and choose from a wide range of options.
Our current favorite, though, are the bold, bright-colored ones from The Halo Effect. They are simple, elegant, and you can find them in every color to match your OOTD (Outfit Of The Day). The company also sells them in floral patterns.
The best part about this company is that they sell upcycled accessories showing a level of responsibility towards the environment. If you are on the hunt for the best scrunchies Canada, we highly recommend this brand.
- Slick bun – for high-fashion, elegant, designer look
- High ponytail – for fun and flirty 80s look
- Low ponytail – for a cute everyday look
- Half-up ponytail- for modest styling
- Messy bun- for a simple casual look
- Braids- for the casual-at home look
Bonus tip: Wear your scrunchie as a hand band for unique styling.
Another huge Insta-trend for 2021 is, unsurprisingly, hair clips. These are again versatile, quick, and easy styling accessories and can add oomph to any outfit. We are talking about the full range of clips, including barrettes, slides, and claw clips.
Simply slip a clip into your hair or your plait, and within no time, your hair transforms from simple to glitzy. Your hair will look like a million bucks while you have spent very minimal time and money styling it.
The Insta-trendy clips for 2021 are oversized; the bigger, the better. If you want to shine in the fashion scene or make your hair styling the talk of the town, look for clips and barrettes adorned with semi-precious stones and pearls.
When buying claw clips, look for minimalistic designs, dainty details, and a smooth finish.
- Style your hair in vintage-inspired waves with a side parting, and style your hair with stone-encrusted slides for a Hollywood styling.
- Horizontally section 1/3rd of your hair on both sides of your face and fasten with a jeweled snap clip for casual yet chic styling
- Twist your ponytail into a loose bun and hold it in place with bobby pins. Use any clip of your choice to accessorize one side of the bun for a night-out styling.
Like the other two of our top hair accessory trends, headbands have been in vogue for a couple of decades and continue to rule the fashion market. Trends for 2021 include everything from the basic white headbands to pearl headbands, crochet headbands to jewel-encrusted ones.
If you think headbands are only for kids, think again. These versatile accessories are excellent for any age and styling. Perfect for short hair and suitable for long hair, these accessories add style and oomph to any outfit. Our favorites for the season include the cheetah print headband and the lilac satin twist headband from the Halo effect. As we mentioned earlier, all the products they sell are upcycled, which is one of the main reasons we love their products.
- Padded headbands are perfect for any look ensemble and work with any hair length. Find a headband that matches or contrasts with your OOTD
- For a throwback 90s sporty laid-back look, pull your hair into a low ponytail with a scrunchy and style with an elastic headband.
- For a chic yet casual styling, let your wavy hair loose and top it with a pearl-encrusted or beaded hairband. Perfect for a day out alone or with friends.
- For a sleek, stylish, and sporty look, part your hair at the center and place the headband on your head. This styling works well with straight hair.
Among all the trends, our top favorite is the scrunchies. We hope you have enjoyed our quick guide to styling your hair with the top accessories for 2021. Each of these accessories contributes to giving your OOTD a perfect overall look.