It doesn’t matter how you spell it or say it because aluminium is probably one of the most versatile materials that we currently have and there is lots of it. After oxygen and silicone, it is one of our most abundant elements and it is incredibly popular because of its low density and its high-strength. It also has excellent resistance with regard to corrosion and it is completely recyclable.
Manufacturers and engineers use aluminium extensively because it plays a very important part in whether or not a component is going to be successful. Many engineering companies use it due to its strength and durability even at high temperatures and it is incredibly stable. The wonderful thing about it is that it can be recycled again and again with no loss in its mechanical or physical properties.
Aluminium is among the favourite metals not only by Sydney aluminium scrap buyers, but even by other metal recyclers all over the world. They will provide you with top dollar for it. The following are just some of the many uses and applications of aluminium in our society today, which is why scrap buyers are regularly recycling this excellent metal:
- Power Lines – It is perfect for power grids and for local power distribution lines because of its better conductivity to weight ratio than copper, for example. It is a lot more affordable than copper and so this is what makes it very attractive from a business point of view; it saves money.
- In The Building Industry – Aluminium is used because it is very flexible and is incredibly strong. Contractors who are constructing high rise buildings are moving away from using steel because foundations then do not have to be as deep and so it helps to reduce all of the construction costs.
- Window Frames – These are very cost-effective option for homes and businesses all across the country; windows can then be incredibly lightweight, require much lower maintenance, and are a lot less expensive than wood. They follow all government guidelines.
- Smartphones & Other Electronics – From the smart phone in your hand right now, to tablets, laptops and televisions, most electronic manufacturers are using aluminium in their production. It is perfect for electrical equipment that gets hot quickly because it has really good heat conductivity which helps to absorb heat and get rid of it.
- In The Aviation Industry – It is used extensively in the manufacture of aeroplanes and because it has a comparable strength to steal it allows planes to be able to carry a lot more weight, which is perfect for more cargo and more passengers.
These are some of the top uses for recycled aluminium and there are numerous more. The metal is used in all of the different aspects of home, including the refrigerators where we keep our food and the air conditioners that help to keep us cool.