So you’re going on holiday. If you’re anything like us, you’ll have prepared a checklist of all the things you must remember to take. Passport? Check. Boarding pass? Check. Sun lotion? Check.
Now the important stuff is out of the way, let’s get to the fun summertime things. Sunglasses! Whether you have one trusty pair of sunnies or you have a nice little rotation on the go, you’ll need to remember all the extra bits.
So without further ado, here’s our summer holiday checklist for glasses wearers.
Unless you’re lucky enough to have sun around-the-clock (or you’re just that cool that you wear sunglasses indoors), you’ll need something to keep your sunnies in. Something easily transportable and stylish! Functional but good-looking! Opt for a beach-ready transparent glasses case, or maybe a leather number for the evenings. Just make sure it’s in your suitcase before leaving!
If you’re always losing your sunglasses or you just like having them on you at all times, you might want to stick a glasses chain in your suitcase. Stick them on before going in the pool! They’re right there for when you’re browsing the cocktail menu! Make sure you don’t lose your pair by investing in a glasses chain – they’re no longer reserved for the over-50s!
We’ll assume it’s hot and sunny where you’re going this summer. If we’ve assumed right, you won’t want to use your t-shirt/shorts/bandana to clean your glasses because you’ll never get them clean. Whether it’s a bead of sweat or a smear of lotion, your glasses can get a bit grubby when you’re on holiday, so make sure you pack a cleaning cloth or two. You’ll thank us later!
Now the essential accessories are out of the way, here are some tips and tricks to ensure that you and your sunglasses have a healthy and happy holiday together.
- Know your prescription – if disaster strikes and you lose your sunglasses (assuming they’re prescription) then you’ll need to replace them immediately. Write it down, put it into your phone – however you do it, know it!
- Take an extra pair (just in case) – probably best, if you’re particularly forgetful/clumsy to just bring another pair.
- Know where your glasses are at all times – if you’re holidaying somewhere that is renowned for pickpocketing, an expensive pair of sunnies will be in demand by the light-fingered out there. Keep an eye on them (no pun intended).
- Handle with care – it’s an obvious one, but when you’re in holiday mode you tend not to be as careful with certain things as you would back home. Be careful how you place the glasses down, don’t take them off with one hand, and try not to wear them over your head (it not only stretches them but what if you forget about them and, oh we don’t know, dive into the sea with them on?!).
- Keep them cool – if they’re laying on the table all afternoon, in the hot sun, they’re going to be exposed to heat damage which weakens the frames and can cause the glasses to become faded. Direct sunlight can damage lens coatings too.
There you have it! The ultimate holiday care checklist for glasses wearers. Now it’s time for you to enjoy your holiday. But, before you go, if you’re about to treat yourself to a new pair of sunglasses for your holiday, check out Arlo Wolf. They’ve a vast range of women’s sunglasses and sunglasses for men – you’re sure to find something that suits you!
If you want to learn more about our blog, please click here.