Sofa beds promise to offer both a comfortable sofa-sitting experience and a comfortable place to sleep – but if you end up choosing the wrong sofa bed, you might end up with neither. Shopping for a sofa bed can seem complicated at the start and may end up causing you a bit of stress, but with the right strategies, you’ll have a much easier time finding the perfect fit for your home.
When choosing a sofa bed, you’ll usually need to decide the following:
· Size. How big do you want your sofa bed to be? Most people looking for a sofa bed want something that’s reasonably small and out of the way, but they also want something that’s big enough to be comfortable for a sleeper. Finding a middle ground can be tough; make sure you know the dimensions of the room you’re working with before you begin shopping for anything.
· Material. Sofa beds also come in a variety of different materials, including both the interior material and exterior material. Some materials offer firmer support, while others are softer and more delicate. Some offer tasteful aesthetics, while others are designed with touch comfort in mind.
· Brand. Some brands are better regarded than others, offering higher quality standards and greater overall reliability. Luonto sofa beds, for example, are highly regarded in the industry. Buying from a reliable brand can help you ensure the best possible results.
· Distributor/retail store. Once you have a sofa bed in mind, you’ll need to make the actual purchase. You may be able to make the purchase through the manufacturer directly, but you can often score a great deal with a distributor or a retail store.
Setting the Right Priorities
Before you begin your sofa bed shopping experience, it’s important to set the right priorities for yourself. What’s most important to you among the following?
· Comfort. Obviously, comfort is important. But is it your top priority? You’ll want your sofa bed to be comfortable for both sitting and sleeping, so make sure you try out both positions. Also, keep in mind that comfort means different things to different people; some people prefer a firm mattress, while others like something softer.
· Fit. How does this sofa bed need to fit in your intended room? Is there a limited amount of space that you’re working with? Or do you have more flexibility?
· Flexibility. Speaking of flexibility, how versatile does this piece of furniture need to be? Will you need to convert the sofa bed on a regular basis, or will this mostly be a sofa with occasional bed use? Some models are easier to transform than others. Some are better suited to one mode than the other.
· Portability. Thick mattresses have the potential to be more comfortable, but they also tend to be harder to move. How portable do you need your sofa bed to be? Make sure you look at the size and weight of the sofa bed set before making your purchase.
· Price. How much is your budget and how tight is that budget? Generally speaking, you get what you pay for in the world of sofa beds; spending a bit more can help you get a higher quality. But if you’re working with a tight budget, you may be restricted on what you can get.
· Style. Don’t forget about aesthetics. Sofa beds come in a variety of different styles and materials, so choose something that fits with the rest of your chosen room. Also, consider how important aesthetics are compared to your other priorities.
· Durability. How long do you plan on keeping this sofa bed? Ideally, your sofa bed will last for many years – and if you maintain it well and buy a good brand, it should last.
Once you have your priorities in mind, you can begin comparison shopping. It’s hard to know exactly how a sofa bed feels until you try it out for yourself, so consider visiting furniture stores in your area in person and trying them out. Otherwise, you can read online consumer reviews for a variety of different manufacturers and sofa bed styles. After even an hour of research and reading, you should have a much better understanding of what you’re looking for.
When you have a good idea of the type of sofa bed you want, you can begin comparing prices and looking for the best deal. Keep an eye out for sales and manufacturer discounts.
Caring for Your New Sofa Bed
After buying a sofa bed, make sure you care for it properly. Invest in a cover, change the sheets, flip the mattress, and inspect for damage regularly. If you do, your sofa bed will remain comfortable and in good shape for many years.