Superyachts are typically large, lavish, and have a professionally equipped crew to serve your needs. So, getting a chance for a journey in one should make you feel excited since you know the kind of pleasure and comfort awaiting you. Whether you’re planning to travel in the summer or winter, there’s a lot to enjoy.
To maximize this once in a lifetime experience, here are five tips to have an amazing time on a superyacht:
1. Undertake Basic Safety Training
Don’t assume that safety training is a requirement for the crew only. You should also know the basic safety procedures to follow when travelling on a superyacht. This is because there are a lot of accidents that could happen while in the sea vessel. Thus, knowing how to keep yourself safe is critical.
For this reason, you’d want to enroll in a STCW Basic Training Safety course. Standards of Training, Certification, And Watchkeeping (STCW) for Seafarers is a beneficial course for everyone who plans to get aboard any water vessel for safety and security, especially in times of hazards while in the middle of the sea. Signing up for such training courses will improve your knowledge of the following:
- Different ways to detect fires
- How to prevent fire outbreaks.
- Individual survival skills, such as jumping into rescue boats if an emergency arises.
- Ways to conduct first aid. For instance, if one of your travel companions develops any health complications, you’ll need to do cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) on them as you wait to get to the hospital.
- How to deal with insecurities that may arise while at sea. You could encounter pirates or terrorists who may hijack the yacht. Therefore, you must know what you’re supposed to do at such times.
Additionally, if you also plan to work on board as a crew, note that the STCW training is a mandatory requirement.
2. Interact Cordially With The Superyacht Crew
The professional crew on board are there to ensure your comfort. The common ones include:
- The captain: They oversee the entire yacht to ensure everything is running smoothly
- Chef: They oversee food preparation and serving
- Interior staff: They’re charged with providing a hotel-like experience for you. These are the ones you’ll mostly be in contact with. They’ll help you to:
- Pack and unpack your luggage
- Organize different events while onboard, such as birthday parties.
- Get the best drink and food at your request
- Deck crew: They operate and maintain the vessel
It’s wise to build rapport with all the crew members. Don’t hesitate to ask them any questions or raise any complaints with them. Such friendly interactions will ensure you enjoy your time on this luxurious superyacht.
3. Engage In Fun Activities
Your time on the superyacht should be relaxing. Most probably, you’re out in the waters to get a break from the usual life hustles. So, you’d better put your phone and work laptop aside, and avoid browsing the web, unless it’s very necessary.
Take that time to bond with the friends or family members you’re traveling with. You could participate in various fun sea activities and take good photos while at it. These include:
- Using yacht slides to jump into the waters
- Surfing on inflatable electric surfboards
- Swimming in pools anchored off the yacht
- Using sea bobs to explore marine life
- Going to the ocean bed using submarines
- Riding on toy banana boats
- Jumping on water trampolines
- Wall climbing competitions
- Playing golf
4. Take Time To Exercise
If your journey aboard the superyacht takes several weeks, it wouldn’t be healthy to confine yourself to your room throughout the journey. Modern superyachts come with state-of-the-art gym equipment, which you can use for exercise. This way, you’re sure to keep fit and healthy while on the yacht.
5. Request Your Best Meals
Most superyachts allow you to choose the meals you want. What’s more, the chefs on board are usually vastly skilled in food preparation. They can deliver platefuls of food perfectly matched to your palate. So, make sure to request the foods and drinks you fancy eating. You could also try dishes that you’ve never tasted before. All in all, indulging in finely crafted food adds to your unforgettable experience while onboard the superyacht.
Your time on a superyacht should be as adventurous as possible. It’s time to shut off from the world and enjoy the feel of the deep seas. Consider the tips outlined above to make your journey as enjoyable and memorable as possible. Also, since dangers abound, it’s critical to know how to stay safe. Make a point of undertaking basic safety training to be able to handle typical mishaps while onboard a superyacht.