The gift giving season is rapidly approaching. This year you have a chance to get everything right. The first thing you need to do is stop worrying about trends and the latest hot items. Those gifts are forgotten a soon as people get them, and often the trend is dead before you give the gift. What you really want to do is give gifts that are personal and show that you care. This doesn’t mean you have to spend a lot of money. You just must know what kind of things the recipient likes, or uses daily, and then get something like that personalized. These days you can personalises just about anything, there is laser engraving, embroidery, CNC cutting for many materials, silk screening, and custom decals. If you can’t personalize it, you aren’t trying hard enough.
- Keepsake Boards: For a new mom or child, something creative you can get them is a personalised keepsake board. https://cmcgold.com.au/ has keepsake boards. A keepsake board is an engraved and illustrated board that is made up to celebrate something like a birthday or to show the child’s pets and interests. They are usually quite attractive and make for interesting wall art and memorabilia later.
- Personalized Mug: Mugs are something everyone uses. If you get a good quality mug, it will be appreciated. But if you get a good quality mug and then personalise it, that mug will be loved, and then it will probably find its way to the recipient’s office to show it off.
- Custom Gift Baskets: This is a whole bunch of gifts in one, but don’t be the person who just picks up a prepacked basket at the grocery store. Find a nice basket and then fill it with the things you know that person likes, even if it’s just silly stuff. But make sure there are some quality snacks, and for adults, whatever their favourite drink might be. Also, it is a good idea to put in a toy or some scratch-off lottery tickets.
- Personalised Cutting Board: The cutting board is a critical element of every kitchen, but it is usually tucked away in the drawer because it’s boring. But these days you can get some beautiful, engraved boards with whatever you want printed on them. A family or personal name done like a logo, or even a family recipe burned in, so it is there forever. Any foodie would love one of these.
- Picture frame: Many people get their family pictures done every few years, but they don’t consider the frame. You can get frames customised with digital engraving of the family name, if you are clever, you can even get it done with the correct year. Making it a valuable piece of history later.
If you are having trouble finding gifts for people that are specific to their tastes, you can still get items and put their names on them. People like to see their names on products. It is psychological, the mark of ownership or some version of fame. Whatever it is, it is certain to be appreciated.