The severe pain you might feel when you chew or drink hot/cold liquids can be avoided by maintaining good oral hygiene. Our teeth are the crowns that beautify our smiles, so it’s important to spend some time daily to pay attention to them. But what can maintain and keep our teeth healthy and clean? Does it only take brushing them twice daily and that’s it? We have some tips right here that you should definitely be aware of.
For children or people with extremely sensitive teeth, flossing can be replaced with mouthwash. However, once you grow up, flossing is a big part of dental care as an adult. You can only reach about 60% of your teeth while brushing, the remaining 40% can only be cleaned with thorough and careful flossing. Let flossing be your habit after meals or at least the main course.
The majority of people would put up with their teeth aching just to avoid paying a visit to their dentist. This image that going to a dentist is a painful and scary experience needs to be changed. Dentists should start talking to their patients about what the problems with their teeth are and how to fix it. But most importantly, they need to walk the patient through the process and obviously, take their consent to proceed. If you’re a dentist, it’s important to learn more about improving your practices case acceptance for the treatment to have a positive outlook that encourages people to stop being afraid of their dentists. And as a patient, it’s important that you realize that dentists are only doing what’s best for you and your oral hygiene. They’re not monsters!
While brushing, it’s extremely important to remember washing your tongue thoroughly and carefully. Bacteria can live on your tongue too, so it’s important to take care of it. If you hate how your breath smells in the morning, brushing your tongue and teeth consistently will make this problem disappear. Mouthwash, on the other hand, is essential as it works like a PH balancer for your mouth, it’s basically like a toner. It also reduces the gum and teeth pain and soothes your mouth.
We don’t need to go on about the dangers and the horrible side effects for all of the above. While the casual glass of wine is recommended, abusing alcohol doesn’t only ruin your teeth, it can ruin many organs in your body. Nicotine is addictive, and one cigarette is enough to hook you for life. Shortly after you start smoking, you will notice how you always have bad breath, and you are always reaching for chewing gum to cover that smell. Caffeine only makes your teeth lose its spark, and stains it yellow.
Taking care of your dental health will protect you from cavities, gum disease, or even, in some severe cases, tooth loss. Read more about how to take care of your teeth to make sure you are not following the wrong methods, or that you are not doing the basics right. It’s also important to go for a check-up every six months to make sure everything is fine and for the doctor to clean your teeth properly. If you have any questions, don’t be shy to shoot them your dentist’s way.
To read more on topics like this, check out the health category.