Some babies born with noticeably birth injuries. These injuries do not prevail as their own. Several causes support them to grow. Some important factors that lead to injuries depend on the following:
- You may say that some injuries are inherited. As such injuries transmit to the baby through DNA or blood of the mother.
- Sometimes the mother has to suffer from any sort of illness during pregnancy and such illness cause injury to the baby.
- Human errors also play a very significant role in building errors to the babies.
It is clear that birth injuries cannot be prevented as these are unavoidable.
Let’s have a look at the significant and considerable causes of birth injuries:
1. Delayed Birth:
The most important and frequently observed cause of birth injury is delayed birth. Delayed birth results can be severe. Doctors have to wait for normal delivery. But this wait should not be prolonged than 18 hours. After 18 hours of severe labor pain, it is suggested that doctors should go for C-section. As a baby is already in distress in the birth canal. Waiting for too long will surely have enough pressure on its head and can cause any injury to the head.
2. Oxygen Deprivation:
There can be many reasons for oxygen deprivation. Some of the major reasons are as follows:
- Sometimes the baby is weak and has too low weight at the time of birth, that causes oxygen deprivation.
- Another vital reason for oxygen deprivation is a prolapsed umbilical cord. If the baby has to wait for a prolonged period of time for delivery, it causes damage to the umbilical cord. This ultimately results in oxygen deprivation.
- If the mother and child are monitored properly before delivery than these symptoms can be recognized. Otherwise, they can lead to severe head injuries.
3. Human Errors:
As it is well said, “To err is human.” So sometimes any human error leads to the birth injury. Although doctors and all the hospital staff remain always alert even, then some misfortune occurs. Following are the main reasons that are observed during delivery that cause birth injuries:
- Medications: It is found that the mother has given medications often that do not match with both mother and baby. Such medications lead to birth injury.
- Lack of Proper Monitoring: Just because of advanced technology and latest machinery both mother and baby are being observed very carefully and with great attention. This is the main reason that mostly any sort of issue or injury can be detected. But in case it remains out of sight and becomes a severe problem.
- Staff Negligence: Mostly the hospital staff remains committed to its work. But as per human nature, some error occurs at any point of pregnancy or during delivery and leads to birth injury. This type of issue is unavoidable. If it happened due to negligence and carelessness, do not let it go. You must proceed legally. Miami birth injury lawyer could facilitate you and guide you in this regard.
4. Medical Issues:
As we have discussed earlier that doctors and nurses try their best to have safe and secure baby delivery. But sometimes issues arise just because of the negligence of medical staff. As they present non-professional behavior or do malpractice. Their negligence can lead to temporary or permanent illness to the baby. The parents never want their child to suffer like this, and they have to bear it with pain. As taking Care of such child with a birth injury becomes a hectic financial burden. So it should be avoided.
To read more on topics like this, check out the health category.